Safe 1 Credit Union was founded in 1952 to serve California State Employees working in the Bakersfield area. Over the past 50 plus years, the credit union's field of membership has expanded and now includes all individuals living or working in Kern, Kings, Fresno or Tulare Counties. Safe 1 has offices located in Bakersfield, Porterville, Tehachapi, Visalia, and Delano.
When you join Safe 1, you become one of the owners. You elect the Board of Directors, which directs the activities of the credit union. All profits are returned to members in the form of dividends on savings, low-interest loans, or other low-cost financial services.
The best part of credit union membership is that you are a member, not just a customer. We think you will notice the difference.
Membership in Safe 1 Credit Union is available to anyone who meets one or more of the following:
- Lives or regularly works in Kern, Kings, Fresno, or Tulare Counties
- Immediate family member of an existing member
Immediate family member includes:
- The member's spouse, parent, sibling, child or grandchild
- The parent or sibling of the member's spouse
- The spouse of a member's child
- The spouse of a member's sibling