Home Equity Loans
Safe 1 offers Home Equity Loans and Lines of Credit (we call them HomeLines). These loans are ideal for people who want to use the equity in their home for home improvements as well as other large purchases such as autos, appliances, educational needs, etc. We offer two types of Home Equity products, including Fixed-rate second mortgages and HomeLines. Our fixed-rate second offers the advantage of a fixed rate for terms up to 20 years. The HomeLines offers low variable rates (based on Prime Rate). These programs offer the many benefits of Home Equity Loans as well as the following:
- No Fees
- No Points
- Loan amounts from $10,000 to $150,000
- Borrow up to 80% of appraised value (up to 105% depending on loan type selected)
- Terms from 12 to 25 years depending on the loan type selected
- Usually closes in as little as 15 business days
- Interest on the loan may be tax deductible - consult your tax advisor
- Must be owner-occupied primary residence
Property must be less than 5 acres and located in Kern,Tulare, Kings and Fresno Counties. Fee waiver requires minimum initial disbursement of $10,000 and balance may not decrease below $5,000 during the first three years.
HomeLines: The Annual Percentage Rate (A.P.R.) is based on Applicant's credit score. Interest Rates on HomeLines are variable and may increase or decrease based on changes in the Prime Rate. The Annual Percentage Rate cannot increase or decrease by more than two percent (2.00%) in any one year period. The maximum Annual Percentage Rate that can apply is 15.00%.
For our current rates and fees, click here.